Futuresource confirms Epson is now the leading Pro AV projector vendor across EMEAR after 3 years of growth
New number one provider of projectors above 6k lumens
Epson is now the leading projector manufacturer in the Pro AV and installation market above 6,000 lumens, according to latest market share data from Futuresource. Epson now commands 26.7 per cent of the Pro AV market, an increase of almost 11 percentage points over the same period last year, with market share continuing to increase in 2018 1.
The announcement builds on Epson’s phenomenal record of growth across all projector segments where it is now the top projector manufacturer for all business projectors across the whole of EMEAR and rest of CIS. Epson’s volume share of the total EMEAR & rest of CIS projection market now stands at 31.3 per cent, an increase of 120 per cent in units sold from 6 years ago 2.
Across the world, Epson has held the number one market share position for projectors for 17 successive years, with total global sales of projectors of 22.3 million since 2006 3. Epson is also the market share global leader for projectors above 6,000 lumens.
Neil Colquhoun, executive director, professional displays, Epson Europe, says: “Epson is now the clear market leader in projectors across EMEAR – overtaking Panasonic. Our rapid growth in market share in pro displays and business projectors is due to our constant desire to listen to the needs of customers and, based on this insight, produce best-in-class products with unique proprietary Epson technology. Moreover, our customers don’t just want world-class products, but also world-class service and support which they receive from our fantastic commercial and technical teams. Our pan-EMEAR investment in this area leads the market in itself. We may always not be first to market but, thanks to this unique partnership with our customers, we are best to market, as these numbers confirm.
“Announcing our first laser projector range, including our 25,000-lumen projector two years ago was a major moment for Epson, and our first native 4K projector, announced at this year’s ISE, is an outstanding piece of technology, which moves Epson into a new world of pin-sharp resolution. We now have our strongest pro AV line-up yet, with a new compact 20k model arriving shortly, as well as innovative signage and meeting room solutions, and straight-forward Epson software that makes advanced projection techniques accessible to non-technical users.
“I cannot thank our partners and customers enough for these results; we truly value every single one of them.”
The rapid growth in market share follows the announcement of a number of successful new projectors in the pro display, corporate and education segments earlier this year. These have included:
- Epson’s first ever native 4K projector. The EB-L12000Q is a powerful 12,000-lumen 3LCD laser projector, designed for high-end rental and fixed installations at events, festivals, visitor attractions, large auditoriums, trade shows and shopping centres, among other uses, and can use the same 4K-compatible lenses as Epson’s EB-L1000-Series projectors for maximum versatility.
- Epson’s first entry in the popular compact 20k-lumen WUXGA category with the EB-L20000U. This complements Epson’s 25k lumen installation laser projector, the EB-L25000U, which was launched two years ago. Both models share a casing designed to fit into industry-standard tubular steel frames, so they’re easy to fit into existing infrastructure, and offer fit and forget reliability, as well as easy installation and projection from any angle, including portrait.
- A new range of 3LCD laser projectors designed for meeting rooms, educational establishments and visitor attractions. The EB-L615U, EB-L610U, EB-L610W, EB-L510U and EB-L400U are designed to replace existing lamp-based projectors in scenarios requiring 4,500-6,000-lumen solutions, and offer a range of feature sets from basic entry-level models to more highly-specified units offering features such as HDBaseT connectivity and screen mirroring.
|Volume - by region||EMEAR||EMEAR||Europe||Europe||CISMEA||CISMEA|
|Quarter||FY16 Q4||FY17 Q4||FY16 Q4||FY17 Q4||FY16 Q4||FY17 Q4|
2) Futuresource Consulting Limited - Projectors Market Insights - WorldWide Analyser CY 2012 - 2018
3) Futuresource Consulting Limited - Projectors Market Insights - WorldWide Analyser CY 2006 - 2018